RESOLUTIONS Opposing BRT:
South Pasadena Commissioners (click)
St. Pete Beach Commissioners (click)
We are FOR:
- City Council having a VOTE in Lane-Loss +
- Bicycle/Ped. safety, Bike Paths, Bike Lanes that
DO NOT cause vehicle lanes loss or parking.
- Keeping Vehicle Travel Lanes and Healthy Traffic
Flow in our fast growing
robust St. Pete.
- Keeping Parking Places in fast growing city.
- Healthy, Non-Loss ways to create
- REFERENDUM on Complete Streets and
BRT so Citizens VOTE
We are AGAINST:
72 MILES of Lane-Loss
MLK Pickett 8/30 @ 5:30pm
MLK at 22nd Ave N.
Park: Shell Station NW Corner
Click for YOU taking Action
MLK Business Survey
CALL FLYER UPDATE
GET ON EMAIL LIST
IN THE NEWS
Example: 50 + 35 story buildings planned downtown create 525 Condos (start at $1 Million) + 200 Hotel Rooms + multiple retail stores. “ONE” just opened with 276 Condos + 175 Hotel Rooms, plus retail stores.
800+ NEW Condos + 375 Hotel Rooms + Multiple Stores bring thousands of high-level people and employees who want to move about in vehicles rather than bike, bus, or walk in heat, cold, rain and wind.
All St. Pete arterial roads have growing numbers of vehicles every year.
“The reason Lincoln Property left Tampa:
Tampa lost its view and vision of the car.”
Scott Stahley, Executive VP of Lincoln Property Co.
Helped develop failed Harbor Island.
KEEPING Vehicle Flow + Parking is ESSENTIAL!
BRT & COMPLETE STREETS
Concept for 1st Ave N and S
History: 4 Lanes
Lane-Loss to 3 Lanes, with Parking each side
NOW Lane-Loss to 2 lanes
- WIDE Right of Ways allow Bike Paths off the street.
Done RIGHT: “Boulevard Sidewalks” Click Here
- Street Lanes only when needed, NO Lane~Loss or Parking Loss.
- Creative alternate routes on residential streets, like 7th St N and 1st St N.
- 26% Accidents: “a” factor was speed. NHSTA
- 74% Accidents: speed not a factor.
- CONGESTION is the biggest factor.
- SAFETY is primary goal, more so than speed.
- LOS – Level of Service – Time for vehicle to get from A to B.
- Neighborhoods and Citizens favor “Back to the Drawing Board.”
- City Council has no authority and no vote over Transportation Dept.!! Can only “Discuss.”
- CS and BRT “pet projects” of Mayor.
NOT initiated by Council
NOT initiated by Citizen Referendum
- Transportation Dept. “Sales Presentation” – Cherry Pick Data – How It Is – without working with Neighborhood Associations.
- Walter Fuller Park “Bike Path” 12’ wide to Pinellas Trail is Positive Example (after threat of lawsuit). Save 23 Oak Trees, keep out of Park, multiple creative ideas.
- County Positive Plan for Lealman’s 54th Ave. N. 4 Alternative Plans. Bike Lanes = highest accident rating. http://www.pinellascounty.org/plan/Linking%20Lealman/pdf/54th_ave_concept_plan_report.pdf
- “Imaginary Bicyclists” ~ Infinitely small compared to vehicle trips
Anti-Car Policies Mean Even More People Are Dying on LA’s Highways
(33% Increase Cars + Pedestrians; Doubles for Bicyclists)
17 Bicyclists Dead in NYC in 7 months
Click Here for article
Denver mayor’s anti-car agenda doubles down on failed policies
ARTICLE sent by City Council Member
Is Bike-Lane Fever Breaking?
ARTICLE sent by 2nd City Council Member
Albuquerque’s BRT $133-million (10 miles) electric bus system is going nowhere fast
Public Transit Declines Nationally
Business Owner’s Letter to Editor
Grill and Chill Festival
CALL at booth sharing Flyers and signing FTA Letters to mail.